Just three weeks left! Good luck guys! If you need an extension for personal reasons please just let me know.
PLEASE INCLUDE LINKS TO HORSE REFS IF YOU HAVE THEM, I'M TIRED OF HUNTING FOR THEM. IF YOU DON'T HAVE A REF JUST SAY IN YOUR NOTE
Starts: 15th May 2015
Pre-Registration Begins: 10th May 2015
DEADLINE: 15th October 2015
Sanctioned by The-Eventing-Society
and H-I-E-F Location:
Mavis Enderby, Lincolnshire, UK
Welcome to the first annual Angelus Estate Summer Show, hosted by mapal
's Firelight Stables and amour-interdit
's Somesmera Stables. AESS is a huge show designed to provide a wide variety of opportunities for horses of all levels. Please read the rules carefully before entering and have a great time
If you would like to donate any prizes please let us know. It might look sparse at the minute but trust me we will make it worthwhile placing in this show
- Registration is required.
- Fantasy breeds are allowed but flying horses or horses with flying abilities are not permitted in Show Jumping and Cross Country
- Horses should be over 5 years old
- Stables may enter a maximum of two horses per class. That does not mean divisions, but classes. So for example you may enter a horse in dressage intermediate and advanced, and show jumping elite and intermediate, but you cannot enter horses in more than two divisions per class.
- A horse may only enter one division in a class. So horse A cannot enter dressage intermediate and advanced.
- Horses may only enter in one discipline. If you think your horse is an all-rounder, then consider the Three Day Event.
- There is a cap on extra images. Please read the judging section for more information.
- The cap on how many horses can enter each class and how many classes a horse can enter is to prevent people from bombarding the event with entries to increase their chance of winning. You have two shots per class to win, so you need to put in the effort to make it good. We want quality, not quantity.
- Divisions: You will notice three divisions in the Dressage, SJ, and XC classes. This is to give a chance for more inexperienced horses to do well and for experienced horses to go up against others of their own skill level. To enter Intermediate, your horse needs no prior show entries but some training is recommended. To enter Advanced, your horse must have entered two shows in that discipline before, placing doesn't matter. To enter Elite, your horse must have entered three shows in that discipline and have placed 3rd or higher in at least one. To enter the Three Day Event, your horse should have competed in one of the included disciplines or at least have a training image available.
- Required Images:You must draw one image per horse per division entered, except for TDE where you must draw your horse three times, once for each discipline. You may create a collage of images for your TDE entry as long as the full body of the horse is included three times.
Eventing:Spurs are not permitted at Intermediate level. Correct attire should be worn for all classes. Double bits are NOT required, please use whatever tack your horse is most comfortable with. Bitless is permitted. Horses must wear both a saddle and a bridle.
See the show jumping and cross country obstacles here
. Where a jump isn't provided for the cross country, you may create one. Feel free to take creative license on the show jumping courses!
Held on Angelus Estate's 212 acre land, with two Olympic sized show jumping rings and two dressage rings. Training rings are also available as well as a vet center with aqua-therapy and a treadmill. Stabling is available for all show horses.
The show is held at the beginning of August and the weather will be a warm 21-26 Celsius, so please ensure that all horses are kept cool and hydrated.
The show jumping arena can be seen here
ITINERARYFriday: Warm and bright, little cloud cover. Highs of 24C
Saturday: Warm and humid with some cloud cover. Highs of 22C
- Arrival – 8am to 1pm
- Lunch provided in the dining hall – 12pm to 3pm
- Dinner party – 6pm to 10pm
Sunday: Hot and humid after a night of rain, some clouds still hanging around. Highs of 25C
- Intermediate Dressage – Ring 1 – 9am to 12pm
- Advanced Dressage – Ring 2 – 1pm to 4pm
- Intermediate Jumping – Ring 3 – 9am to 12pm
- Advanced Jumping – Ring 4 – 1pm to 4pm
- TDE Dressage – Ring 1 – 1pm to 4pm
Monday: Hot and bright with no cloud cover. Highs of 26C
- Intermediate Cross Country – XC Starting Gate – 8am to 11am
- Elite Dressage – Ring 1 – 9am to 12pm
- Elite Jumping – Ring 3 – 9am to 12pm
- Advanced Cross Country – XC Starting Gate – 1pm to 4pm
- TDE Jumping – Ring 4 – 1pm to 4pm
- Elite Cross Country – XC Starting Gate – 9am to 12pm
- TDE Cross Country – XC Starting Gate – 1pm to 4pm
- Award Ceremony – 5pm to 10pm
BOOK A STABLE
To book a stable for your horses, simply go to our Stable Booking
journal and follow the instructions there.
HORSES FOR LOAN
If you have a horse you would like to loan for the show or would like to loan one yourself, please visit our Loaning
journal and follow instructions there. We do not allow the charging of points for loans, the reward for offering your horse up for loan is art and the chance of gaining some win statistics. The reward for loaning a horse? Well you get the prizes and you might get the chance to work with some of your favourite horses.
To donate prizes, drop us a message!
This is by no means the final list. Point boosts may be added to higher divisions and extra goodies may be included.All Participants:
1st Place in Division:
2nd Place in Division:
- 100 from mapal
- Realistic speedpaint headshot of winning horse from mapal
- Breeding with any horse from CheeseDraws
- Design from CheeseDraws
- 1st Place in TDE only: Training place at Rose Garden Stables, courtesy of CheeseDraws
- 1st Place in any Intermediate and Advanced Division: Normal full custom (no mutations) Maresque horse courtesy of Jian89
- 1st Place in any Advanced and Elite Division: Custom Vinstra Warmblood, courtesy of Vinstra-Warmblood only one per person
- 1st Place in any Intermediate Division: Custom Vinstra Warmblood, courtesy of Vinstra-Warmblood - only one per person
- 1st Place in Dressage Advanced and Elite Divisions: Custom Rare Mutation, courtesy of EuropeanDrakenEquine
- 1st Place in all Elite Classes and TDE: 100 , courtesy of cheddarbug
- 1st Place in all Advanced Classes: Detailed Headshot, courtesy of cheddarbug
- 1st Place in all Intermediate Classes: Basic Headshot, courtesy of cheddarbug
- 1st Place in Elite Divisions: Custom Breeding Pair of Camira Horses from the Camira-Horse group, mare comes prebred with the stallion if desired
- 1st Place in Advanced Divisions: Custom Camira-Horse mare, pregnant with group stallion of winners choice
- 1st Place in Intermediate Divisions: Custom Camira-Horse stallion
- 1st Place in all divisions: Custom Markhorse courtesy of Jasper-19
3rd Place in Division:
- 50 from mapal
- Cell shaded headshot of winning horse mapal
- Design from CheeseDraws
- 2nd Place in TDE only: Training place at Rose Garden Stables, courtesy of CheeseDraws
If you are loaning a horse, the prize art will be of a horse of your choosing and you will receive the points for your hard work. If you are the owner of the winning horse but it was loaned out, you can purchase the prize image for just 20
- 25 from mapal
- Sketch headshot of winning horse mapal
Want to be a judge? Drop us a message letting us know why, and what experience you've had before.EXTRA IMAGES
There is a cap
on extra images. This is to prevent sketchy images from boosting points beyond competition. Please read the following carefully:
- You may produce three extra images from around the grounds which are worth 2 score points each. These images must be fully shaded and with a hand drawn background to count.
- You may produce three training images for your horse's discipline that are worth 4 score points each. These images, again, must be fully shaded and with a hand drawn background to count. The rider should also be in view somewhere.
- Extra images of your staff at the opening dinner party or the award's ceremony will earn all your entered horses points. You may produce three images that are worth 3 score points each. The images should be fully shaded with a hand drawn background.
- You may produce three extra and three training images per horse. Drawing more than one horse in one picture will give points to all horses in the picture. Including horses belonging to other owners will give all your horses up to three 2 point boosts and will give the other horses from other owners that are included a 2 point boost also. You may only receive up to five point boosts in total from other people drawing your horses.
- PLEASE INCLUDE LINKS TO YOUR EXTRA IMAGES IN YOUR MAIN ENTRY DESCRIPTION
- Please include class info and your horse number in the comments on your entry images, as well as a link back to this show.
This is an effort based
show with a small random element. Please read the below carefully to understand how to maximise your points.
- Background Accuracy - up to 10 points
- Photo background - 0 points
- Clothing and Tack Accuracy - up to 10 points
- Rider Effort based on your gallery - up to 10 points
- Horse Effort based on your gallery - up to 10 points
- Background Effort based on your gallery - up to 10 points
- Entry number included in image - 5 points
- General effort and appeal score at judge's discretion - 15 points
- Random Element - up to 20 points created from 4 sets of numbers.
Effort will NOT
be judged against your other
entries, only previous drawings in your gallery.
HOW TO ENTER
To enter is simple. Just fill out the form below for each horse
entered and send it as a note to mapal
. Do NOT miss out any information.YOU MUST PRE-REGISTER TO RECEIVE YOUR NUMBER.Discipline:
PLEASE INCLUDE ANY REFERENCES AND LINKS POSSIBLE